Coast Guard Aids to Navigation Team New Orleans: Setting the waterways straight

  Coast Guard Aids to Navigation Team New OrleansĀ maintains channel markers in the New Orleans area. They inspect buoys marking the waterways for damage, corrosion and proper channel placement. Properly marking the channels not only keeps commercial vessels safe, but […]


>Keep wearing it; prepare for Hurricane Season

> Several people have lost their lives in boating accidents across the Eighth Coast Guard District already this boating season. Boating safety week may be over, but it’s important to continue to wear your life jackets every time you go […]


>Stay safe this Independence Day

>The Gulf Region is a busy waterway on any given day, but with summer now upon us and the July 4th fast approaching, the amount of boaters and subsequent boating accidents jumps significantly. The Coast Guard would like to remind […]


>Coast Guard patrols Lake Texoma over Memorial Day weekend

> Lake Texoma is a unique body of water – 18% of the lake lies in Texas, while the remaining 82% falls within the Oklahoma state line. The lake encompasses approximately 140 miles across the two states, and is used […]


>Some Last Thoughts on Safe Boating

>With Memorial Day weekend fast approaching, Coast Guard Auxiliary in Austin passes some important messages about boating safely. Safe Boating Week is drawing to a close. But, that doesn’t mean that the lessons learned stop being applicable. This week alone, […]


>Life Jackets Save Lives

>National Safe Boating Week commenced May 16th and already the Coast Guard has led several missions, successfully rescuing safety-conscious boaters who were wearing USCG-approved life jackets. Coast Guard Sector Mobile and Coast Guard Station Pascagoula both had cases over the […]


>Get On Board – National Safe Boating Week

> Memorial Day weekend is nearly upon us and, with it, National Safe Boating Week, designated from May 16 – 22, 2009. OBJEE, Coast Guard’s official mascot, travelled all the way from New London, Conn. to pay District Eight a […]